Resumes for Trades Professionals
Exceptional Tuition and Resumes is an Australian based education and employment company offering the highest quality resumes for jobseekers across the country. Our aim is to help you become a stand out jobseeker through a well written resume which presents your best assets to the right employers and job positions.
Resumes for Mining
We specialise in writing resumes for tradesmen and other personnel going to the mines. Whether you are an entry level worker or experienced tradesmen we can update and tailor your resume and create a cover letter for any of these key mining roles:
Accounting & Finance
IT & Technology
Mobile Plant Fitter
Mobile Plant Operator
Oil, Petroleum and LNG
TA - Trades Assistant
Below is a summary about resumes and why it is important to have an exceptional resume on hand at anytime.
Why do you need a resume?
- When applying for jobs it is important for the recruiter to have an idea of who you are as a person and your work history in a professional and personalised manner. Therefore a well written resume explains your best characteristics, such as your work ethics, your skills, your past work employment, your achievements and any other personal assets which would be beneficial to a prospective employer. Additionally a well written resume gives you the ability to present yourself in the most positive and professional light and allows you the opportunity to sell yourself based on merit. A resume therefore is almost like a written sales document justifying to employer why they should give you the opportunity to present for a job interview.
What employers look for in a resume?
- Employers are delighted to see a professional, positive and thoughtful resume that is easy to read and understand making their screening process easier.
- Employers value resumes which are well formatted, utilise simple yet effective language and make sense with plain English
- Employers appreciate a resume which is tailored to specific positions to assess whether you are the perfect match for a position through your qualifications, skills and history of employment and other activities. Employers also value a resume which is succinct, honest and aesthetically appealing.
- Overall the ambition of an employer is to find the right employee at the right time for the right position, therefore a resume which matches these requirements will achieve a greater chance at an interview.
What are the benefits of a professionally written resume?
An effective resume will:
- Help you to stand out from the other applicants, increasing your chances of achieving your dream job
- Will be read from start to finish if kept to an appropriate length and formatting is easy on the eye
Will give you a competitive advantage in the job market
- Will ensure that employers can see your potential and recognise your talent or ability to be trained in new and existing areas
- Will outlines your key characteristics and skills which will be valued and relevant to specific employers
Why choose Exceptional Tuition and Resumes?
- We tailor make our resumes and other employment documents to present you to be the perfect candidate for your desired position
- By having connections with many professional partners, we can ensure the language used matches the industry you wish to work in
- We provide a professional resume that stands out and looks visually appealing to catch the recruiters eye quickly
- Our jobseekers are our priority and we are happy when you are happy
- We are able to meet deadlines to ensure you are able to apply for jobs on time
10 quick resume tips
1. Most recruiters are attracted to resumes that standout, some examples may include bright coloured headers, or perfume scented paper.
2. Ensure that you write down not only your qualifications but also where you have demonstrated your passion for this career choice through work experience or volunteer work.
3. Presenting yourself in a positive light is best when writing a resume, recruiters don't want to see any negative or self-doubt presented in your resume.
4. Don't be afraid to be different, if you feel as though including a hobby project that is relevant to the position, include it.
5. Honesty is very important for resume writing as you want to sound credible and give the employer the impression that you would be a reliable asset to their work environment.
6. Its important to provide at least two references, you don't want to leave your potential employer wondering who to contact on your resume.
7. Ensure you are applying for jobs that match your career and personality, as this gives you an opportunity to make use of your skills and experiences in a way that benefits yourself as well as the employer.
8. Its important to address all criteria outlined in a job advertisement as employers use this as a screening process to find the most suitable person for the position.
9. Do not include humour in your resume, it is a professional document and jokes are not appropriate and you may end up offending the recruiter.
10. Including your extracurricular activities such as scuba diving or reading are important to put on your resume as it allows for the recruiter to get an idea of how you spend your time outside of the work environment.